It’s the last day of the year! I can’t believe that this year is finally over! It has been a loooong year and a mostly terrible one. However, there have been rays of happiness for me that have shone through the otherwise grey days of despair and gloom. Today, I will share some of the things that brought my joy in this year and my plans for the upcoming year!
My Moments Of Happiness In 2020:
- The biggest high for me this year was getting into a reputed college for my post-graduate studies. Leaving my job as an Advocate(a lawyer who practices in court) and pursuing further studies after a long time was a risky endeavour, but I’m glad I took the leap. My studies are going well and the subjects are interesting. All classes are online for now, of course. I am hoping I will be able to see the campus at least before the end of the next year.
- I also bought a Kindle this year for my birthday. It’s my first Kindle and oh my god! It’s amazing. I know it is a known fact, but reading on Kindle is way better than reading on the phone or an iPad. I just love my Kindle!
- Taylor Swift releasing two awesome albums this year! Folklore and Evermore may just be my most favorite albums ever!
- Another pleasant surprise that occurred was that one of my best friends, who is a doctor in another city, recently came to visit her parents, who live in the same city as I do, and I was able to meet her for lunch after ages. It was so wonderful catching up with her! We had a great time!(We took precautions and there’s no lockdown in my city.)
My Plans for 2021:
- Next year, I am planning to read books that have been sitting on my shelf for a while and not focus so much on new releases. I didn’t succeed in this year’s challenge of reading books from my shelf, called Shelfathon, I think. The truth is that I didn’t read a lot of books this year and even though a part of it is because of my studies, I wish I had read more. I am hoping to read a lot more the following year. I have also thought of not splurging too much on new books, which I normally tend to do.
- Consistency is something I struggle with and even though I have become better in some aspects such as working out on a regular basis, there is a lot of room left for improvement. I really need to be more consistent when it comes to blogging and its time to inculcate more discipline in my daily life.
- I also need to be more organised in my reading and use a comprehensive system for tracking my reading progress.