Hello guys! Hope everyone is safe and well! Let’s review the month of April, shall we?
My Bookish Journal Spread for April:
- I read “Spin the Dawn” by Elizabeth Lim and gave it 3 stars. A review will up soon, so you can look forward to that!
- I read “Happily Ever After and Everything in Between” by Debbie Tung, a graphic novel based on Debbie’s married life. It was fun and also focused on Debbie’s introvert behavior. As a fellow introvert, I found it highly relatable and loved it. Gave it 5 stars! I would recommend everyone, esp. introverts, to read it.
- I also read another graphic novel called “Eat, and Love Yourself” by Sweeney Boo. The illustrations were really good and the story was centered on a girl’s eating disorder and its effects on her life. Gave it 4 stars!
- I finished my third 5-star read of 2020, which was “Summer Bird Blue” by Akemi Dawn Bowman. For those wondering, my first and second 5-star reads of the year were “The Nightingale” by Kristin Hannah and “The Poet X” by Elizabeth Acevado respectively. Coming back to Summer Bird Blue, the book is excellent. I haven’t reviewed the book yet because I don’t know what to say about it other than that it is amazing and beautifully written. It deals with grief and your heart may hurt and shatter into a million pieces but it will also be pieced back together. JUST READ THE BOOK! You won’t regret it, trust me!
- I also read one poetry book for the National Poetry Month in April which was “The Witch Doesn’t Burn In This One” by Amanda Lovelace. It was quite good and so I gave it 4 stars!
- I also started “Upstream: Selected Essays” by Mary Oliver and am still reading it.
- I started “Yes No Maybe So” by Becky Albertalli and Aisha Saeed, and I am honestly losing interest in the book. I normally hesitate to DNF books, so I may push through. I am not really sure, though.
- I saw the movie “Howl’s Moving Castle” on Netflix and loved it, although I did find it dragging at the end. I also recently found out that it is based on a book by the same name, written by Diana Wynne Jones.
- I started watching season 1 of “Anne with an E” and it’s so good!
- I started the new Netflix series, “Never Have I Ever”, and I am pleasantly surprised. I didn’t expect it to be this good! The characters grow on you! I am 5 episodes in and loving it. Can’t wait to see how Season 1 will end!
- I also started watching the movie“Whisper of the Heart” and am halfway through it.
And that’s how my April went! How about you? How was your month?
Until next time,