Hi guys! I hope everyone is well and taking care of themselves! Times are tough but we gotta hang on. We can make it through this!
I know I have not been doing wrap-ups since the beginning of the year, but there wasn’t much going on in my life in the first two months. All I was doing was studying for an exam. I was reading books and all but not a lot. Compared to January and February, I read quite a few books in March and also watched some movies. I am not going to avoid the fact that March was a tough month, what with the world going through a huge crisis. However, I will keep this post positive. So here we go:
- I read an e-arc of The Vinyl Underground by Rob Rufus, a story of four teens living in the USA during the tumultuous times of the USA-Vietnam War and how their lives are changed by the War. Its a fantastic book and I will recommend everyone to read it.
- I also read a graphic novel called This One Summer by Mariko Tamaki and Jillian Tamaki. The story was good, although I wished it didn’t have an open ending.
- I finally read The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevado and oh my god! such an awesome book. Elizabeth Acevado has become my favorite author. I am eager to read her other books now. (Review of The Poet X to come soon!)
- I also subscribed to Scribd for free membership for one month as announced by the CEO of Scribd and have found a great collection of ebooks and audiobooks on it. I read Girl Against The Universe by Paula Stokes on it and really enjoyed it. I am also in the midst of reading an anthology called Hungry Hearts: 13 Tales of Food and Love.
- I also started Summer Bird Blue by Akemi Dawn Bowman at the end of March and I am really loving it, even though its a bit hard to read due to its subject matter aka grief. However, I feel this book will be worth it.
I am quite a slow reader and so I usually can read only a few books in a month, as seen above hehe!
Moving on, let’s talk about movies! I watched quite a few movies in the last month too.
- I saw Wreck-it Ralph: Ralph Breaks The Internet and thoroughly enjoyed it.
- I also saw Dark Waters and was scared shitless of the information I gained from the movie. I will recommend this movie to everyone. It’s a very important movie to see. Honestly, the things that are hidden from us by big corporations is just appalling.
- I am a horror fan and so I watched two horror movies this month, which were Annabelle Comes Home and Oculus. They were both okay-ish.
- I also saw the new Charlie’s Angels movie lol which was totally mediocre, of course.
- I FINALLY saw Frozen 2 and it was not bad. I liked knowing the history of Anna’s magic and some songs were good but I felt the movie was too long.
- I am so happy that a majority of the Studio Ghibli movies are finally available on Netflix India. I can finally see the rest of the Ghibli movies I haven’t seen. I have already started Kiki’s Delivery Service and am halfway through it and loving it, honestly.
- I spend plenty of my free time watching Youtube videos. As a result, I discovered a new Youtube channel last month, called A Little Bit Of Monika. I like her video editing style.
- I listened to the album “How I Am Feeling” by Lauv non-stop and also loved the album “It’s Your Bed, Babe, It’s Your Funeral” by Masie Peters.